According to a new ICC rule, the top eight teams in the points table of the ongoing Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 will progress to the 2025 Champions Trophy.
As the dust settles for the coveted World Cup, six teams have already booked their place for the Champions Trophy. The triumphant trio of India, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand along with the host nation Pakistan and the sixth-placed Afghanistan, have secured their spots. So now, only only two positions are up for grabs, intensifying the competition among the 2019 ODI World Cup champions England, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Netherlands.
Table of Contents
- England set to face Pakistan in their last league match
- England’s qualification scenarios for the Champions Trophy 2025:
England set to face Pakistan in their last league match
With three league games still remaining over the next two days in the World Cup 2023, the fate of England hangs in the balance. The Jos Buttler-led side will face Babar Azam’s Pakistan at the iconic Eden Gardens on Saturday, November 11. The match is schedule to start at 2 pm IST/ 8:30 am GMT.
Also READ: ODI World Cup 2023 – Virender Sehwag brutally trolls Pakistan cricket team over semi-final hopes
England’s qualification scenarios for the Champions Trophy 2025:
- Secure victory against Pakistan and see if at least one of Bangladesh or Netherlands lose their last league game.
- In the event of a defeat against Pakistan, England must hope that either of Bangladesh or Netherlands lose their last league fixture.
- If England loses to Pakistan, and both Bangladesh and Netherlands emerge victorious in their respective last games, England will fail to qualify.
#Heres #England #qualify #ICC #Champions #Trophy